Your office needs to serve a myriad of purposes—a productivity center for employees, an exciting and creative environment, and a professional face for your business. The layout that you choose for an office should be able to do all of the above. Sound intimidating? With Enoch Office you can transform your office from a dull workplace to an engaging and professional hub of your business. How can you choose the right layout for your office?
Layout: Time to Focus
If you need to help employees get in the zone, you need to create an environment that helps them focus for extended periods of time. What can you incorporate as part of your layout?
- Use smaller work cubbies, that can let workers zone in
- Incorporate private offices and rooms with doors so that employees can branch out when needed
- If you have an office building, have a quiet floor (like a library) where you are not allowed to conference, chat, or make excessive noise
- Use sound-absorbing acoustic furniture like wall panels or dividers to prevent someone else’s lunch from distracting three workers
Layout: Time to Collaborate
Teamwork is an inevitable part of a successful business, so incorporate these into your layout for maximum collaboration:
- Use modular office furniture with end tables and easily movable chairs to encourage spontaneous meetings
- If possible, design a few smaller private conference rooms for meetings with only a few people
- If you have areas that are full of cubicles, provide at least one central area for employees to interact to naturally foster collaboration amidst individual separation
Layout: Take a Break
Breaks are proven to actually help employees be more productive, so creating an area for employees to socialize and break is a vital part of your office layout:
- Have an employee lounge with a variety of tables and seating options so that people can sit alone or with each other
- Provide snacks and coffee for your employees
New Office Furniture from Enoch Office
Whether your concern is increasing productivity in your office or cost cutting, Enoch Office has the expertise and equipment to get your office customized perfectly to meet your exact needs. We have the skills and tools to help your transition to a paperless office as easy as possible. We have countless office solutions and types of equipment available through our website. For more information, give us a call at (410) 561-7600 or visit us online. For more information on the latest office technologies, follow us on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Tags: office layout