Enoch Office Equipment is committed to supporting local charities and community organizations. One of those organizations is Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore.
Their Mission: Boys Hope Girls Hope helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value centerd, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Their History: Founded in 1978 on the belief that a loving God cares about the life of every individual, Boys Hope Girls Hope believe children have the capacity to transcend their circumstances if given a safe environment, educational opportunities, and loving support.
Boys Hope Girls Hope began accepting its first scholars in 2002 and opened our home for 6 boys in May 2002 in the former convent of Our Lady of Pompei Catholic Church. In January of 2007, they completed the construction of a new home for boys. In the summer of 2010, they completed a house for girls.
Their Services: The Boys Hope Girls Hope residential program offers:
- Education in first rate, college preparatory schools;
- Value-centered, family-style homes focusing on personal development;
- Live-in residential couselors who provide structure, guidance and nurturing;
- Room, board, tuition, clothing, and a personal allowance;
- Medical, dental and optical services;
- Professional therapeutic counseling (if needed);
- Summer atheltic and enrichment programs;
- Extended services for program graduates.
Their Success Stories: BHGH Baltimore is very proud of ALL of their Collegians, and especially excited about its FIRST graduating class in May of 2012: Dwayne, Matt, Arthur, Aaron, Michael, Marc, David, Ben, Charles
- Aaron is currently attending Frostburg State University. Aaron enjoys all things sports related, and is looking to study sports broadcasting in college.
- Matt currently attends William and Mary College. Matt is part of the ROTC program in college, and has become very disciplined with his time and efforts. Matthew hopes to study law in college.
- Dwayne currently attends Loyola University Maryland. Dwayne is very active in college and in the service community. Dwayne is a pre-med major.
- Arthur currently attends McDaniel College. Arthur enjoys history and participating in the track team. Arthur wishes to pursue a teaching career.
- Michael, will be one of the first College graduates from Boys Hope Girls Hope Baltimore. Michael will graduate from Haverford College majoring in English. Michael hopes to capture an Editing job after graduation, and pursue his love of writing.
- Marc, will be one of the first College graduates from Boys Hope Girls Hope Baltimore. Marc will graduate from Boston College as a double major in English and Theatre. Marc would like to obtain a career in the theatre sector, possible stage managing.
- Ben, will be one of the first College graduates from Boys Hope Girls Hope Baltimore. Ben will graduate from Morgan State and pursue a career in the Police Academy.
- David, will be one of the first College graduates from Boys Hope Girls Hope Baltimore. David will graduate from UMBC with his Bachelors in Social Work, and immediately begin a fifth year at UMBC pursuing his Masters in Social Work.
Join BHGH Baltimore on June 16th for its first annual GradDASH!
It is NOT competitive. In fact, it is a commemorative run symbolizing the first scholars in our program joining the program alone, and how many people BHGH has picked up over the years to support their graduation from college.
For more info, contact Kristy Norbert
Office: 443.503.3463 Ext. 503
Enoch Office Equipment employees are proud to be part of the Enoch team, where giving back to the community is an essential part of our success. If you have any questions, contact Enoch by calling (410) 561-7600 or click here today!
We are a third generation, locally owned family company that has served Baltimore businesses since 1961. As our industry has evolved, Enoch has been there every step of the way from the typewriter of the 1960′s and 70′s to the fax of the 1980′s to the digital color output devices and document management systems of today!
Tags: Baltimore, Boys Hope Girls Hope, college preparatory schools, community organizations, document management systems, educational opportunities, Enoch Office Equipment, giving back to the community, home for boys, house for girls, local charities, scholars